WHAT DO SUSTAINABILITY AND ECOLOGY MEAN TO US?
Nature inspires and fascinates us. In contrast to most plants and animals, which can easily get along without humans, we cannot live without nature.
For us, ecology means using resources in the most environmentally friendly way possible in our daily work. Sustainability we see as taking economic and social aspects into account. Sustainable and ecological considerations play a fundamental role in all our decisions. This applies to energy production, the choice of suppliers and products, the cultivation of our garden, the preparation of meals in the kitchen, as well as the care of our guests and employees. Only if we take all areas into account, we can implement a sustainable and future-oriented hotel concept and thus offer future generations a place of relaxation and inspiration amidst the most beautiful nature.
Products, building and services
- We offer high quality products and services.
- From pencils to toilet paper, we use products that have been awarded a prestigious “Ecolabel”.
- Wherever possible, natural materials are used: for example solid wood, linen, wool and cotton for textiles and furniture.
- Defective appliances are repaired wherever possible.
- We deliberately choose craftsmen from the region.
- We purchase 100% green electricity (naturemade star).
- Natural building materials were used in the building biology renovation 21 years ago. Light-coloured mineral plaster helps to get by with little artificial light, and we used solvent-free colours.
- Use of our own wood from the English park (headboard of the beds and beverage coasters made of elm wood, racks made of maple wood, tables and trays for amuse-bouches made of sequoia wood).
- EV charging station for cars with 100% green energy (naturemade star certified).
- We rent out bicycles and e-bikes to our guests.
- We have our own spring to irrigate the park and garden.
- With our own small hydro power station, we produce energy ourselves.
- Heat recovery of the kitchen ventilation and cooling systems.
- Two block-type thermal power stations are in use.
- Our gourmet cuisine is certified with the Bud label certificate.
- Everything is prepared fresh and seasonal in our kitchen. We do not use any convenience products.
- We choose regional suppliers with short transport routes as far as possible, and we completely dispense with air freight.
- We deliberately avoid overseas wines and focus our attention on regional winegrowers.
- We obtain beer and mineral water from the region, and of course in glass bottles (no plastic bottles).
- Foodwaste is avoided by serving smaller portions, for example at the organic breakfast buffet. Instead, the buffet is replenished more regularly. We do not offer any other buffet offers.
- Processing of whole animals from the region and “Nose to Tail”.
- In our small but fine kiosk you can buy products from our castle park and garden.
Housekeeping, cleaning and recycling
- We only use ecologically degradable cleaning agents and pay attention to the dosage.
- We clean as often as possible with steam (floors, windows …).
- We recycle iron, plastic, paper, cardboard, remains of candles, food leftovers, oil, cork and glass.
- Our linens are made of 100% organic cotton. Especially in the hotel sector, there is a huge volume of terry cloth and bed linen. By using organic cotton, we show that ecological cotton production is important to us.